THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Super Space Invaders" © 1991 Taito/Domark.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0 (22.03.2020):
- supports 5 versions: SPS 585, SPS 2480, and 3 others (issue #0004414)
- full slave rewrite
- CUSTOM1 sets infinite lives
- CUSTOM3 skips introduction
version 1.2-B (15.02.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed install script (error reading disk 2, issue #0004347)
version 1.2 (09.07.2003) done by JOTD:
- Access faults removed (due to memory detection)
- 3 versions supported, 2 were working only with a 68000, fixed.
- source code included
- fixed "insert disk" requester and the end of the game (thanks Codetapper)
- rewrote install script
- added more icons (CFou!, exoticons)
- manual included
version 1.1 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial WHDLoad release
- Decrunch routine relocated in fastmem for better speed
- Level skip (HELP). This one existed already in the original program!
- 2 versions supported, 1 was working only with a 68000, fixed.
- JST release
- there is a second part to the intro, where an alien falls on a fast food
- some versions only have dumb copylock check at the end of the intro, 2 versions
have an extra (dumb) copylock check just before the game starts, probably
in case someone creates a savestate with ARIII or something...