THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS
ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU
ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR OTHER
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE
OWNER OR A THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF
That install applies to "Starglider 2" © 1988 Argonaut Software.
That install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
Version 2.0 (13.11.2022) done by JOTD:
- computed relocs to be able to install into fast memory for
better framerate (to upgrade copy the .reloc/.unreloc files)
- added speed regulation (now this could run too fast)
- moved data files to "data"
Version 1.2.1 done by Wepl (24.07.2005)
- imager fixed to work also with PAL version again
Version 1.2 done by Wepl (11.07.2005)
- support for another version (US release) added, thanks to
Garry Cardinal for media
- now the title sound is also ripped and played in the game, this
was completely missing in previous version, to update from an
old install you have to reinstall to get the missing file
- savedisk handling optimized, file grows now as required
- regional lock in US version removed
- some snoop bugs removed
- files (except diskimage which is savedisk) can be compressed
- manual and solution added
- some icons added
- source included
all previous work by Graham
Version 1.1 - Replaced WHDLoad imager with RawDIC imager.
- Removed code protection for 100%.
Version 1.0 - Initial release.
- original provided by Wolfgang Unger.
You need 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
You can quit the game by pressing F9 (key can be changed with
Use the CUSTOM1 tooltype to use different savegame disks.
(i.e. CUSTOM1=7 will use diskimage seven to save games/highscores)
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
There are 2/3 versions around. The relocation work (long & tedious) was
performed on the latest version (sept 1988). If you own the older version,
the slave just applies a delta to convert to the latest version so patches
can be reused.
To play the old version (july 1988) you have to use the older slave.