THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Loom" © 1990 LucasFilm Games, 1 disk
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.
- v2.0-C (25.12.2018):
- official support for CDTV version (worked before, though). Issue #0003761
- v2.0-B (25.12.2018):
- official support for italian version (worked before, though). Issue #0003934
- rewrote readme
- v2.0 (24.08.2017):
- rewrote slave to support whdload v16/kickemu/kickfs, got rid of kickDOS
(there isn't any kick 3.1 only slave, only kick 1.3 slave now, and it's easy to recompile)
- source code included
- included slave for A1200 kickstart ROM (solves freeze problems)
- keyboard fix for 68060 (general kickstart 1.3 problem)
v1.0 (2001): initial release
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu
- Convenient install script
- Full use of fast memory
- Copy protection removed (by me this time, and that's clean :))
- Save on HD with minimal number of OS swaps (black flashing screens)
- Should support all original versions (french, english, german)
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Doc/Walkthrough included
- I re-did the crack because existing ones act on the 069.LFL file, and I don't like
that. The original game should remain unpatched and still work without the protection.
Maybe a better reason is that my method allows protection bypass on all versions
(not only english version)
- Another good way would have been to dynamically modify the 069.LFL file like done on other
Lucasarts patches: Indy 4 & Monkey Island 2. Well, maybe if I have issues with my crack, but
it seems to work ok, so let it be...
- seems that typing a new savegame and pressing "Load" freezes the game.