THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Disposable Hero" © 1993-94 Euphoria/Gremlin Graphics.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem (disk version)
0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem (fast disk version)
2.0 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem (CD32 version)
It can be quit by pressing Prtscr (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A600/A1200/A4000 Kickstart 3.1 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick40063.A600", "kick40068.A1200" or "kick40068.A4000". The
image can be extracted from a A600/A1200/A4000 with tools like 'GrabKick' or
similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick40063.A600.RTB", "kick40068.A1200.RTB" or
"kick40068.A4000.RTB" must be installed in the same directory as the kickstart
image. It can be found in the archive "util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.7 (17.05.20) done by C-Fou!
- slave structure fixed (bad name)
version 1.6 (08.05.20) done by C-Fou!
- source codes adapted for WHDLoad 17+
- Keyboard issue fixed in highscore table (ECS)
- Keyboard interupt enable in menu (CD32)
- CD32 slave use Kick31 instead of OSEMU
- ButtonWait tooltype used to see loading screen (CD32)
version 1.5 (20.05.06) done by C-Fou!
- ExitKey fixed on 68000
- Access fault fixed on 68000 (odd adress)
- Outro gfx bug fixed (caused by slave error in loader)
- Another self-modifying codes rewritten (Intro & Outro)
- Many blitter delays inserted in outro
- 2 Slaves for disk version (one using fast memory but 'nocache' can be needed)
- DOS intro crash fixed (ckecksum code protection resurrection ;))
- WaitButton routine inserted between each levels (to see inter-level animations)
- Stack relocated fixed
- New install script
- Source codes included
- Many colored icons added
- Tested on 68060
version 1.4 (27.02.02) done by C-Fou!
- another self-modifying codes rewritten (outro crashed)
version 1.3 (08.02.02) done by C-Fou!
- keyboard access fault in high-score debugged (with Cache on 060 for disk version)
version 1.2 (22.10.01) done by C-Fou!
- Crash when you skippped quickly DOS intro fixed (disk version)
version 1.1 (05.10.01) done by C-Fou!
- CD32 version supported (using OSEMU)
- Load/Save high scores redirected on HD (file 'DisposableHero.save')
- RAWDIC imager used
- Keyboard routine included in CD32 version
- CFou keyboard Trainer added for both versions
F1 : 1 live added
F2 : To activate original CHEAT MENU (option/configuration)
Del/Help : To skip level
- Sound bug skipping quickly DOS intro fixed (disk version)
- You can quit High Scores screen pressing 'Return' in CD32 version
(To validate your name if you have'nt CD32 PAD)
- fixed with SNOOP Tooltype
- initial JST release
- Only disks version supported
******************** Thanks to CodeTapper for beta CD32 loader *************
******************** Thanks to Tony for original CD32 version **************